Hey there. Been a couple days, thought I would update a little bit now that my feet are back on the ground. lol.
Well, now that I have passed the aptitude test, now it is on to the physical test. I am going to hazard a guess that I will be doing that within 5 or 6 weeks. I have no clue if I am supposed to book it somewhere or if they call me and tell me when and where. I am going to give it about a week and then I will call Cst. Tsui(the recruiter) and see who what where and when. I will go from there.
The nice thing is that, now, I am not just going to the gym and showing up getting into shape. Now I have a total purpose to be there. It is no longer a question of if I get to this stage. I am there. lol.
I will have to push myself more now. Originally, I thought that I would have at least 3 months and my training program has been set with that in mind. Now I may have no more than a month to get ready.
I will have to go to the lumber store now and get to 50 lb. bags of sand and tape them together. That will be similar to the "torso bag" carry that is part of the test. I have to pick it up from the ground and walk it 15m. I will also have to see what I can make for a couple of small (knee high) hurdles as well as a 3 foot vault. Should be easy and I will just need some wood and screws for the most part. There is a park here with some picnic tables that I can use as stairs.
The biggest push will be the running and the gym. I will also have to be VERY careful at the gym too. My second 4 weeks has some exercises that can really hurt my back too. One is a sit-up thing with a 6kg med ball on a decline bench and another is leaning over to each side in turn with a larger weight and coming back up. I can feel them both in my back and will have to be very careful.
I went for my first "really" tough run last night. I did my regular route and then the street in my house. I still did intervals but instead of a walk/jog thing I did more of a sprint session instead of a slow jog. I walked for between 2 light poles and sprinted between 3. I did that most of the way and it felt really good. Couldn't breathe after the sprint, but that came back.
Did my first workout at the gym on Monday and am a little stiff today in the back. lol. Wasn't to to bad yesterday and today I can feel my whole back is stiff. I will have to really stretch that today as I am in the gym tonight and tomorrow instead of Friday. My trainer thinks that she can have a date night with her husband or something on Friday. lol. Of all the nerve.
Anyways, I must go to work now. YAY
My chances of being a Mountie are looking a lot better now
ttyl
Me
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hi Honey,
I am so proud of how well you did on your tests. Your father and I are delighted for you. You have lots of work to do in the gym, but it will be worth it, and just think what a killer body you will have once you are finished! You are right to be careful, though, because some of those exercises could do you real damage. Has your trainer worked with you on doing them properly. If not, make sure you touch bases with her about that. We all want you to be in one healthy piece!
Give my love to Jodi and the kids. I know that Tyralea and Derrek are going to be with you this week. I hope that all of you will have a wonderful long weekend. It will be fun for Derek to be part of such a lively bunch!
Take care.
Love,
Mom
Post a Comment