Sunday, May 18, 2008

Hiya

Hey gang, just thought I would tell you all that I want it so bad that I have taken the whole long weekend off. lol. With permission. My trainer told me that she was thinking about giving me some time off between stuff so that I could heal and recuperate from my workouts and stuff. She said that every athlete needs a break. I decided that I would take this weekend off to spend some time with my family. It is good that I did because this has been yet again another challenging weekend for the Sutton/Donnett Clan. lol. The GREAT part of the weekend is that my 16 year old daughter came out to visit with her 14 year old monster brother. That has been awesome. One weird part that made me feel a little old though. Lol. My daughter has her learners license and I let her drive our minivan. That is quite a feeling being driven by your daughter. lol.
Another good thing is that Jodi's kids are with their father. Now the reason that that is good is it gave me some more time with my daughter almost alone. My sons are here too. I have had a challenge bridging the parenting gap with her as we have been almost estranged for many years. It has only been a couple years now where I have been making an honest effort to reconnect with her and it is tough to say the least.
Anyways, another good reason that I didn't go to the gym and that her kids aren't here this long weekend is that Jodi had to fly to Saskatchewan. Her sister just had a complicated birth and just when everything was looking good and healing up, she had to be rushed back to the hospital...and I do mean rushed.
Jodi had missed the birth of Brooke Tyler and wanted to REALLY be there for her sister. Especially after the birth was so trying and difficult. Jodi was feeling down about that and this time HAD to go. I was upset, but I do understand why she had to go. The biggest upset was that it was a long weekend and my daughter was here and I wasn't going to the gym and we could have some rare time together. lol. How foolish of us to believe that.
The positive is that this we good practice for when I go to Depot and we are apart for 6 months. lol.
Anyways, I am actually going to go to bed I think...after I call Jodi and...........................................................................................................
;-)
ttyl
Me

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Sean,
I was really sorry to hear all the strain you are under financially and wish that I could help you. Budgeting is hard and working with one pay cheques is that much more difficult, so I am glad that Jodi has decided to babysit. That has certainly helped more than one family get through tough times.

How did you visit with Tyralea and Derrik go? Did Derrik enjoy seeing where you live? How did he get along with Zach? And Tyralea how did she make out especially with Jodi away. How many days were the kids with you?

Dad has been busy working on his yard. His grass looks like a carpet! We don't have too many flowers yet, but they do look nice.

Both dad and I are pleased that you are steadily building your body up, so that you will be ready for the tests that you are facing. Once you are all built up, that can stay a part of your routine for life.

Keep up the good work, Sean. Dad and I love you dearly and are very proud of you. The hard time will pass and hopefully open up to a brand new world. All doors are open to you!

Love,
Mom