Monday, May 26, 2008

Fun weekend

Hey there, it's me again. lol. Had a good weekend. I went to my 12 year old's first official football game ever on Saturday. That was fun. I was showing off and I bruised a couple ribs. lol. At least no one there knew or I wouldn't here the end of it. Anyways, I went to the gym and had a good go at a workout and my ribs didn't hurt at all. I drastically increased my weight, however, I think I still need to add more and push more. I still have very little strength in my shoulders and chest. I really have to build on those. The requirement for those muscle groups is going to be really important at Depot. I have to be able to do push-ups till I puke(which is about 6 right now, lol) and overhand pull-ups which is currently at the whopping zero mark. lol. My running is still tough and not where I would like it to be. I am gonna need to go full blast for about 4+ minutes to get past the physical test. If I push, I can do a good clip for almost 2 minutes. I have to get some sandbags and tape them together to see how I can do the "carry" portion of the test. I don't think I will have a problem with that.
On the family front. Lol. Jodi and I are very stressed still. Things keep piling up on top of us and we are having a real tough time keeping on top of the stuff on top of us. Most of the stuff dealing directly with the kids, especially Ricky, has slowed down and is letting us breathe, but the cost of living is giving us a big boot in the backside. I have always believed that we are never given more than we can handle. If that is the case, Jodi and I should have capes and super powers. We are getting so far behind that we think we are winning the race. We have had to live from pay cheque to about a week and a half or so to payday. I am having troubles with the fact that I am making a very good wage and can't get us through yet another rough patch. We need to figure out a one time infusion to get us caught up with everything. Jodi has to start her dayhome again, and we are screwed until that adds in to the budget. We really don't know what we are going to do in the mean time.
I am telling all of this so that you will know what we have gone through to get to where we are going. This is a diary and my story of the voyage to become a regular member of the RCMP.
We have had a tough time since we decided to get married. Do we regret that? NO WAY. Jodi and I are more in love with each other today than we were yesterday. She will back that up. Even with the financial stress and kid stress, we both know, and will say, that we will be together for life. There is no doubt in our minds about that. Our life,"behind closed doors", is extremely intense and extremely emotional in an awesome way.
We just really hope that we don't actually sink financially before we can claw our way to shore and get out of this jam that we are in.
I also hope that the RCMP will here our circumstance and still select me when they get wind of our position. They look for healthy finances too. We shall see.
I am off to work
ttyl,
Me

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

grin... glad you added that bit about "behind closed doors..." I think it is vital for the public....um, especially mom... to know that. wink. No matter what comes our way Sean, you and I are beside each other. It will come, and it will go. If we don't fight it and ride each wave we will stay on top. The only difference between those who dream and those who live the dream is how badly they wanted it to begin with. We can taste it... we WILL have it. Keep pushin baby. I have your back.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.