Thursday, May 15, 2008

I want it baby!!!!!!

I absolutely want to be a member of the RCMP. It is becoming a dream the more I look at it and the more I think about it. My trainer Rose gave me a nice compliment. I did a couple killer exersises that she gave me and went pretty hard. She was very impressed with my effort, said most of her clients would have quit then and I think she was a little proud too. I have no clue if I will make it through the application process or not. Lol. I don't know how they will view our current situation and all, but we shall see.
I have been reading fact sheets on the RCMP website and looking at different detachments around, mostly BC and AB, and love what I see.
The RCMP would allow me to have a dream job, I think. They interact with society. All of it, not just a certain part or area. They are charged with protecting all of society and letting people feel safe.
I have always wanted a job where I work with people. Thought maybe a teacher and working with kids, but that is such a different scope. I would be dealing with a certain age group only, always. I don't know how I would handle that. I am at an age where I have to decide NOW what I want to do and get it done. I would be looking at 5 to 7 years of university, which I was prepared to do, but I would be close to mid 40's when I get out. Cutting it close. lol
The more I have investigated and checked out the RCMP, the more I like it.
It would be a difficult adjustment to make. There is more than likely a lot of shift work, holidays, overtime and so on. Some detachments are 6 on 4 off, 10 to 12 hours. Court dates, graveyard shifts, day shifts. We will see. Jodi is excited too. The kids don't know that they are yet. lol
Anyways, I am gonna stop for now
ttyl
Me

No comments: