Saturday, May 31, 2008

Easy night

Well, tonight I did a ride along with a relatively new Constable in town. What an AWESOME night it was. Went in a little early and filled in paperwork and such, met the officer that I would be riding with, got a tour of the detachment and such then went out to the car...6B16. That was cool. I have, believe it or not, been in the back of a police car before, but never in the front. lol.
He showed me how the radio worked in case I needed to use it, then the lights and the sirens. Man, I don't care who you are or how old you are, that has to do something for you. What a blast. It is very different from the front of a car when you are on a ride a long.
Right out of the gate we pulled a car. It was only a headlight, but it was cool. We had a good time. I yakked his ear off, I am sure. I asked him any question I could think of and he answered me.
At first I knew that he was young, didn't think as young as he was though. lol. I must admit that I did judge a little bit. He came across as nothing less than absolute professional and good at what he does. He has a lot of pride for the RCMP and all that that stands for and what it means and it was quite evident in how he carried himself. He was pretty laid back until the lights went on or a call came in...then it was all business. He is definitely a credit to the RCMP
I ended up getting dropped of early due to the nature of a call that came over the radio but I would go back out with them in an instant.
What an experience and I want to be a part of it!!!
Of to bed for now.
ttyl
Me

No comments: