Hey anyone who has the fortune to read this.
My name is Sean Sutton and I am 38 years old. I am currently living in Olds, AB and have been married for 8 months no. Yes, it is the second one for both my wife and I. We have combined two families. Jodi, my wife, has 3 kids. 12 and and 8 year old boy and an 11 year old daughter. I have a 12 year old son, and a 16 and 10 year old daughter. We also have a 2 year old son togehter. Yes, that is 7 kids. However, only 5 live with us in Alberta. My daughters live on the west coast.
I am currently working in a welding shop in Calgary and have for 5 of the last 6 years. I am getting bored at work and have looked at changing over the last few months. Mostly looking at the education route and getting into something via university. That will take 4 to 6 years and I am not getting any younger.
Then the out of the blue solution came to me and I saw that the Royal Canadian Mounted Police are looking for a lot of good bodies. The more I checked it out, the more I like what I saw. I think that my wife was flabbergasted to say the least. lol. However, she, along with almost everyone else that I have talked ot thinks that it would be good for me and that I would be good for them as well. lol. Go figure. Even my 10 year old daughter said that she has always pictured me in a policeman's uniform.
I went for a career presentation with my wife and have decided to go for it. I write the aptitude test on the 24th of this month (AAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH). If I pass that, I am of to the physical testing and further interviews, polygraph, probing background check and so on and so on and so on. lol. It will take anywhere from 6 months to a year I figure. The Constable that gave the presentation said that some people can make it sooner than the 6 month mark so we shall see.
Anyways, I am and have been an inactive person for years. I smoked for about 23 years or so and managed to give that up for a year and a half so far. I am far from good shape.
The past 2 days plus today have marked the most active that I have ever been. Yesterday and the day before I biked about 8 or 10 kms(give or take) and today I ran and walked for about 20 - 30 minutes. OMG, I have a lot of work ahead of me.
I have hired a personal trainer who is writhing me up an intensive 12 week plan. I will do weight training for 3 days of the week and running/biking 3 days of the week also. up to 45 minutes each session. It is going to be one of the hardest things that I have ever accomplished in my life. I am very pumped and terrified at the same time. lol.
We shall see what happens. My goal is to pass everything first time so that I can get it over and done with.
I figured that I would start a blog to keep a diary of my progress for all to see and that starts today. lol.
Feel free to read along. I will start to post pictures later in the future. Maybe a few before and after shots soon. That should scare some of you away first off.
ttyl
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment