Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Trials and more trials and more................

Hey again, well, this should just be another quickie, I have to fill out my RCMP fitness log for yesterday. I finally got back to the gym. It was nice to unload a little stress. I had 2 wisdom teeth pulled on Friday and that has been hurting and enough to keep me away for a few days. lol.
Went to the hospital with Ricky yesterday so that he could undergo some minor surgery. He came through with flying colours. It was REALLY funny to watch him come out of the anethstesia. Lol. When they first gave him an IV he said that everything looked like a cartoon, then he fell asleep. lol. He didn't even know that he had the procedure done. We are happy that he flew through though.
Anyways, along with that trip was no work for the day...when we EXTREMELY need what I bring home from work. I took last week off to do paperwork and such for the RCMP and I should have just stayed up later. We are strapped yet again and no closer to being OK at all. It is really making it tough for me to carry on with any aspirations of becoming a member of the RCMP. Jodi will read this and get feeling guilty, which is not my intention. My intention is to keep a diary of my journey so that, if I make it to the RCMP, you can all see that you can too. :-0).
It is just frustrating when you make good money and in today's day and age you can't feed your family and pay the rent at the same time, it has to be one or the other. Now with gas prices where they are.........what are you supposed to do. If I get another job to get the ends together, I can pretty much kiss the RCMP goodbye and any kind of social life. If Jodi works outside the home, there is childcare and time off for Ricky which can be anytime any day at all.
We keep getting glimmers of hope and then they seem to get flushed down the toilet just as fast as they appear.
Jodi is also having a very hard time with Ricky and dealing with all of that, which adds to it all as well. If you don't know, just a quick update...Ricky is our 8 year old and has a severe case of osteoporosis. He almost has "glass" bones and can't do alot of what his friends can do. He also has some major bowel challenges as well. His intestines are all there, just not how they should be which causes him problems. Then there is a neuro muscular condition(we think and almost hope) that makes endurance challenging for walking and such. Anyways, Jodi is the mother and one of her babies is sick and she can't "fix it". That has been extremely tough on her and she is having a challenge coping with that.
Again, I am not complaining at all. I don't need sympathy. I do have hope that all will work out, it is just tough not to quit and roll over and give up totally. I do need hard evidence that there is a light at the end of the tunnel though...one that is permanent and not just a tease.
How can I continue with training and such a major undertaking as that which I am doing now when there is so much !@#$*%& that is out of control and shows no signs of letting up? I don't know, but have to. I want it!!!

No comments: