Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I'm ALIVE!!

Hey there folks. This is a quickie to let you know that I am alive and life is changing yet again. LOL. OMG, what a summer. I have been very lazy and haven't really worked out or ran in quite a while. I am still going to be a Police Officer, just have to wait for about 16 months before I can apply. Anyways, that isn't why i got lazy. lol. I just did. My daughter came out for the month of August and I just stopped.
Also, we are moving to Calgary to be closer to work for me, and airport for my 2 daughters and son as well as the Children's Hospital for my step-son. We have a place in Riverbend and move in on the 4th of October.
Also...lol...see the pattern here....I am thinking of changing my focus from the RCMP to the Calgary Police Service. My wife and I have been talking about the future and I feel that stability and security and a permanent home for our kids would be better than moving around the country and dropping kids off all over every 3 to 5 years. I will be able to pursue the same avenues for work in the city as I would in the Mounties. lol. It was and is still a tough decision. I think a big part of me really wants the prestige and such that comes with the serge. However, that is pretty selfish for me.
When I step back and look at the larger picture that includes my wife and 7 kids, as well as two exes(mine and Jodi's) it makes more sense to stay in one place and become a city cop.
Due to our finances over the summer and what happened, I need a year from January to get it all together and on more solid footing before I will be considered.
My wife and I are going to take the year to get solid and ready for it. I will hit the gym and road again when we get moved and settled. It also gives me over a year to get in the best shape that I can.
ttyl

No comments: